How to Connect PS4 to Mac with HDMI
You want to play your PlayStation 4 on your Mac, but you don’t know how. We’re here to show you “How to Connect PS4 to Mac with HDMI”.
What You Need to Connect PS4 to Your Mac with HDMI
Before we get started, here’s what you need to connect your PS4 to your Mac with HDMI:
-An HDMI cable
-A Male to Male HDMI cable
-A power source for your PS4
Once you have everything you need, follow these steps to connect your devices:
- Connect the HDMI cable from your PS4 to your Mac.
- Connect the power source for your PS4 to the HDMI port on your Mac.
- Connect the Male to Male HDMI cable from your Mac to the PS4.
- Turn on your PS4 and your Mac.
- Your PS4 should now be mirroring your Mac’s screen.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Connect PS4 to Your Mac with HDMI
- Plug the HDMI cable into the appropriate ports on your devices. On the PS4, it goes into the HDMI slot on the back of the console. On the Mac, it goes into the HDMI port on the side or back of your computer.
- Turn on your devices. PS4 should be turned on first, before your Mac.
- Change your input source on your Mac. Look for a box that says “HDMI” and click on it. Your computer will automatically switch to whatever is being shown on your TV or monitor.
- Enjoy your games and movies!
Common Issues When Connecting PS4 to Your Mac with HDMI
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when trying to connect your PS4 to your Mac with HDMI. For starters, make sure both devices are turned on and that your Mac is set to display on the external monitor.
If you’re using a newer Mac Book that has only one HDMI port, you’ll need to use a USB-C to HDMI adapter. And if you’re using a Thunderbolt 3 port on your Mac, you’ll need to use a Thunderbolt 3 to HDMI adapter.
Finally, be sure to check the resolution settings on both devices. The PS4 should be set to output at 1080p, while the Mac should be set to 1920×1080. If they’re not set up this way, you may experience some picture quality issues.
Also Read: How to Remove Scratches from Aluminum Laptop
Tips and Tricks for Smooth PS4 Streaming on a Mac
One of the great things about using a PS4 with a Mac is that you can stream your games to your computer, which means you can play them anywhere in the house. But there are a few things you need to know to get the best streaming experience.
Here are a few tips and tricks:
– Make sure your PS4 and Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network. This will ensure that there’s no lag when you’re streaming.
– If you’re using an Ethernet cable, connect it directly from your PS4 to your Mac. The best connection will be achieved this way.
– Use an HDMI cable to connect your PS4 to your Mac. The picture quality will be the best if you do this.
– If you’re having trouble with lag, try lowering the resolution on your PS4. It is possible to do this from the Settings menu.
What Other Equipment Is Needed for PS4 Streaming on a Mac?
If you want to get the full PS4 streaming on Mac experience, you’ll need a few things in addition to the PS4 and Mac:
– An HDMI cable: This is how you’ll connect your PS4 to your Mac. Any standard HDMI cable will do, but I recommend getting a good quality one so you don’t have to worry about it affecting your image quality.
– A Dual Shock 4 controller: You could use a mouse and keyboard, but let’s be honest—it’s not the same as using a controller. So if you want to play your games the way they were meant to be played, you’ll need a DS4. You can connect it wirelessly or with a USB cable.
– PlayStation Now: This is Sony’s streaming service that lets you play PS3 games on your PS4 (and now, your Mac). If you want to stream PS4 games, you’ll need to sign up for PlayStation Now. It’s $20/month, but there is a 7-day free trial so you can try it out first.
Once you have all of that, you’re ready to start streaming PS4 games on your Mac!
Also checkout our exclusive tutorial on: How to Charge a Dead Laptop Without a Charger
Benefits of connecting PS4 to Mac with HDMI
One of the great things about connecting your PS4 to your Mac with HDMI is that you can use your Mac as a second screen. This is really useful if you want to chat with friends on Discord or Twitch while you’re playing a game.
To do this, you’ll need to open up the PS4 Remote Play app on your Mac and go to the Display settings. From here, you can choose to display the game on your Mac’s screen, or you can choose to display the PS4’s home screen.
If you want to use your Mac as a second screen, I recommend choosing the Extend option. This will give you a second screen that you can use for anything you want, whether that’s chatting with friends or browsing the web.
Of course, if you just want to play games on your Mac, you can choose the Mirror option. This will duplicate your PS4’s display on your Mac, so everything will look exactly the same as it does on your TV.
FAQs on Connecting PS4 to Your Mac with HDMI
Q: Do I need a capture card to connect my PS4 to my Mac?
A: No, you don’t need a capture card. All you need is an HDMI cable and the correct adapter for your Mac.
Q: Can I connect my PS4 directly to my Mac without using a TV?
A: Yes, you can connect your PS4 directly to your Mac without using a TV. All you need is an HDMI cable and the correct adapter for your Mac.
Q: Can I use my PS4 controller on my Mac?
A: Yes, you can use your PS4 controller on your Mac. All you need is the correct adapter for your controller.
Also Read: How Much Storage Do I Need On My Laptop
So there you have it! You can now connect your PS4 to your Mac with just an HDMI cable. This is a great way to stream your PS4 games to your Mac, so you can play them in larger screen. Make sure to keep an eye on our blog for more tips and tricks like this.